AUoD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 156 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:02 pm
Top posters
jase619
Best moddable games? Vote_lcapBest moddable games? Voting_barBest moddable games? Vote_rcap 
Spartangy
Best moddable games? Vote_lcapBest moddable games? Voting_barBest moddable games? Vote_rcap 
sumsouljah
billy_1080
SnowTau
Lord_Coinage
TheMightyStoner
Broseph_Stalin
The Truthinator
AussieMonster

Best moddable games?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jase619
[AUoD] Founder
jase619

Male Number of posts : 12205
Currently Playing : Starcraft 2: Wings of dapdap
Special Rank : Best moddable games? Kz2jasewhiteya1

Registration date : 2008-08-06

Best moddable games? Empty
PostSubject: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:42 pm

I realise that one of the biggest benefits of owning a gaming PC is the mods you can install on it. So, with the Steam Summer Sale ongoing and my gaming PC coming in the next few weeks, what are the most/best moddable games? I know ARMA II is a given, but what else?
Back to top Go down
http://auodclan.omgforum.net/
Spartangy
Salt Shaker
Spartangy

Male Number of posts : 6758
Currently Playing : On my PC.
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Just Cause 2 has multiplayer now, looks great.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is great.

But wait, you only want games that are good to mod? Or do you just want good games? Because, well, modding games can get old fast (but it is excellent), just play good games.
Back to top Go down
http://boards.4chan.org/v/
SnowTau
Table Salt
SnowTau

Male Number of posts : 3545
Currently Playing : CoD4, C9, CS:S, DotA2.
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:51 pm

As I've just discovered, Stalker. And Minecraft is insanely moddable. And CoD4 kind of is to some extent, not really in a visual way though, more jut affecting gameplay (Promod).

Spoiler:

You might think, what the hell I don't need a gaming PC to play minecraft? With the nice DoF effects or parallax occlusion (bump mapping) and stuff, you really need a good computer lol.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Coinage
Table Salt
Lord_Coinage

Male Number of posts : 3535
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Elder Scrolls games, generally. Hell, Oblivion has an entire game made using its assets (and then some, of course) called Nehrim.
As Snow said, the STALKER games have plenty of mods available. A lot of older games are going to have unofficial patches at the very least (Deus Ex has the Shifter mod, which fixes a lot of stuff).

I had more in mind, but I lost it. If I remember I'll come back.

EDIT: GTA: San Andreas. It has a PC version which is basically a straight port, but there are a lot of ridiculous mods for it, and people still play multiplayer.
And the newer Fallout games, of course. Mount & Blade: Warband has quite a few mods as well that add features and shit.
Back to top Go down
TheMightyStoner
Rock Salt
TheMightyStoner

Male Number of posts : 3227
Currently Playing : diddly shit
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:11 pm

mount and blade
g-mod (just saying incase you didn't know of it)
half life (any of them)
age of empires (maybe, not too sure about that)
Neverwinter Nights
Torchlight
Back to top Go down
jase619
[AUoD] Founder
jase619

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Spartangy wrote:
Just Cause 2 has multiplayer now, looks great.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is great.

But wait, you only want games that are good to mod? Or do you just want good games? Because, well, modding games can get old fast (but it is excellent), just play good games.
Basically, I considered buying BioShock, but I realised with my 670 it's almost wasted when it'll end up looking the same as my PS3 version. Hence, I want some sweet reskins that'll push my PC.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Coinage
Table Salt
Lord_Coinage

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:59 pm

If you want to push your PC, get The Witcher 2. It's $30 on Steam at the moment.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/?snr=1_7_suggest__13
Back to top Go down
jase619
[AUoD] Founder
jase619

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Lord_Coinage
Table Salt
Lord_Coinage

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Ahaha, oh dear. I had an issue like that when I first got the game, except it was with dust/fog effects. So you can imagine how that looked. Just big fuckin' squares floating through the air.
Try updating your GPU drivers. Did you install any texture mods?
Back to top Go down
jase619
[AUoD] Founder
jase619

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Lord_Coinage wrote:
Ahaha, oh dear. I had an issue like that when I first got the game, except it was with dust/fog effects. So you can imagine how that looked. Just big fuckin' squares floating through the air.
Try updating your GPU drivers. Did you install any texture mods?
Yeah, I did and I removed them because this last mod actually gave me a bit of a performance hit. But I reinstalled it because purple trees look funky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best moddable games?   Best moddable games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best moddable games?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUoD :: Games :: PC Gaming-
Jump to: